Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

BULLETIN BOARDS & DISPLAY : Star Wars Reads Day 2015


     Hopefully these pics will be self-explanatory, because this is another one I'm posting a while after the fact. Good thing I took pictures.
     Basically, a few of my fellow library techs in our school district shared that they were doing displays and activities/events for Star Wars Reads Day, which I had never observed before. So I felt like, "Shit, I guess I better add this one to my October file..."
     I mean, I wanna be cool. And Star Wars is cool.
     All the other techs were submitting requests for these free giveaways some of the new Star Wars books' publishers were doing. I got some cool card thingies with that new droid, BB-8, that punch out and make little stand-ups of the character. I gave those away as part of the "consolation prize" to all the contest entrants who didn't win one of the 3 grand prizes.


     Luckily, my high school library has plenty of Star Wars novels, chapter books, even some nonfiction about the vehicles and creatures, etc.

BTW, one of my library tech friends noticed my error on the sign above, and I quickly fixed it, my cheeks burning with shame.

     The prizes I gave out were:

  • A 6' tall cardboard character stand-up of The Force Awakens' Captain Phasma
  • New hardcover book Aftermath: Star Wars: Journey To the Force Awakens by Chuck Wendig
  • The Darth Vader head bank you see pictured above, which we used as a raffle box during the contest.

No comments:

Post a Comment